We BelieveStatement of Faith
Statement of Faith
- THE HOLY SCRIPTURES as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirelytrustworthy; and the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- ONE GOD, eternally existent in three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST, Our Saviour, God manifest in the flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work and substitutionary death, and His personal return in power and glory.
- THE SALVATION of lost and sinful people through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith apart from works, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a holy life to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- THE UNITY in the Spirit of all true believers, the Body of Christ; visible in gathered communities and in co-operative mission.
- THE RESURRECTION of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
These articles are the non-negotiable Essentials of the Christian faith. The statement is Orthodox and Evangelical. Orthodox means in agreement with the historic teaching of the Christian faith as expressed in the historic creeds. Evangelical means an emphasis on the biblical gospel about salvation by faith in Christ and new life by the transforming work of the Holy Spirit. This new life is essential to the Christian walk.